Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Unbelievable

I have a colleague who is very "fretful" of anything related to computer technology and gadget stuffs. He is always avoiding use of computers and sophisticated handphones etc. He used to tease me when I use my PDA, because he said that's a waste of money, and things should be remembered in the brain, not the toy. But today, I am just stunned with a statement from his mouth.

He told me," I think I will get myself a treo 650... just like the one Dr. XXX (our paediatrician) is using now. Coz I think it can help me get organised, and sometimes when I go traveling, it's nice to have this toy to read some story books and listen to musics. Oh, by the way, do you have the Nelson Pediatrics text in your PDA the last time you showed me? Can I have a copy later?"

I was stunned. I was speechless for nearly 30 seconds. I am still recovering from this sudden unbelievable statement coming out from my this colleague's mouth. It couldn't be him, I thought. Could he be possessed by ..err... at that time? Anyway, I promised I would keep a price watch for him. And probably after his MRCPCH Part 2A exam this mid-of-April, he will go hunt for the Treo.

Just unbelievable!

4 comments:

Robin CHAN said...

Nice blog...

your friend is electrically converted? haha

spinosum said...

Thanks! Your blog is great too!

Electronically converted, to be precised!! haha! ;)

Chen said...

Nobody can run away from computer related technology & gadgets.

U r working in paeds department in SGH right? Just wondering Dr Teh SH still around?

spinosum said...

@chen: No i am not in SGH, though i was there during houseman time. I am in Sibu now. I know Dr TSH anyway, he is still there.