Sunday, April 02, 2006

My iPaq Days

Looking back at my PDA "history": I owned 2 iPaq pocket pc, namely the 2210 and 1940. I like the 2210 because of its nice screen, fast processor, stability, bluetooth, and dual slot capability (CF and SDIO). Later when I bought the 1940, mainly for my wife to use, but occasionally I swapped my 2210 with her 1940 to try out. I like the 1940's form factor -- really sleek and elegant. In fact the two pocket pcs make a "good couple", the big 2210 is like a guy, and the slim 1940 a girl! :)

I have a lot of medical softwares installed in my pocket pc. But the only gripe I have is that they are VERY expensive! Softwares from skyscape especially, cost me a bomb each time I order online! My credit card suffers a lot, whenever I purchase something online, using US Dollars!!

Nevertheless, I appreciate a lot the softwares I have in my 2210. I spent hundreds of dollars already by now, on those PDA softwares. From Resco products, to PDAMill stuffs. From Skyscape to Franklin medical wares. And not forgetting the most useful tweak program which make my 2210's alarm work perfectly -- Tweaks2k2!

2210 was (because I have sold it off to my sister quite a while ago) my favourite pda, ever since I had the Palm 515. The screen is crisp and clear, and the touch screen is very sensitive. The stylus is easy on my "big" hand when gripping it (unlike the 1940's "toothpick"-like stylus!). It has been my faithful alarm clock, especially during my on call days (when I don't bring along my table alarm clock to the on call room!), and I can do some reference on drug dosage and simple management of certain diseases.

I do a lot of own notes (called the "Pearls") and they are the most useful to me! Even sometimes my colleagues need to counter check certain things with me, for instance how to dilute Vamin and Intralipid for the TPN infusion etc. Coz my "peripheral brain" is ever ready!!

Sometimes, reading e-books during quiet on call days, is very enjoyable -- from Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, to How To Influence People, by Dale Carnegie, hmmm! And of coz not forgetting the games, my favourites were, back then, Tennis Addict, Bejeweled and Plant Tycoon just to name a few.

No comments: