Wednesday, April 05, 2006

My Overkilled Machine


The 2 hour sleep and busy call last night, should actually make me feel lethargy and nauseated. But it is the opposite now. Why? It's becoz...

I received a call near noon time today, telling me that my new desktop has arrived and it's ready for delivery to my doorstep! When I heard that, I was on top of the world! Woo-hoo!! I couldn't wait till lunch time, and forget about that growling stomach earlier on, I skipped lunch! Goodness...

The courier service was pretty punctual and arrived at 1:10pm at my house. When the boxes were carried out one after another from the van, I just felt like rushing forward to help them carry into my house. But anyway, there were only 4 boxes: Large, medium and 2 small ones.

After signing the necessary documents, I waved a quick bye-bye to the hardworking courier service men; and whooosh... locked the door and started opening up the boxes!

Dell is number one in terms of quality! From the packaging, courier service, and to each and every piece of my new toy -- they are just in perfect condition. Scratch-free, dirt-free, hassle-free! It took me less than 20 minutes, and everything is in place. Power-up...*Toot*...and less than 20 seconds, I am already in the main screen of WinXP! :)

And the specs? Here they are:
  • Dell Dimension 5150 Pentium 4 (630) HT (3.0GHz, 2 MB L2 cache, 800MHz FSB)
  • 2GB NECC Dual Channel DDR2 533MHz SD RAM
  • 256MB PCIe(TM) x16 ATI Radeon(TM) X600 HyperMemory(TM) w/TV-Out and DVI
  • 160GB SATA 3.0GB/s with Native Command Queuing HDD
  • 16X DVD+/-RW with Dual Layer Write Capabilities
  • Sound Blaster(R) X-Fi XtremeMusic soundcard
  • Dell(TM) A525 Stereo Speakers with Subwoofer
  • 17" UltraSharp(TM) Flat Panel LCD Monitor

And now I start to wonder why in the world I ordered this overkilled machine! Probably it was just being another impulsive move the other day when I picked up and called Dell! Arrrgggh... now with the machine just use for blogging and internet mainly, I think this is OVERKILL!! But I must say it is fast and smooth. No lag. Screen is gorgeous. System is quiet.

4 months worth of my on call allowances in this machine. Great! ;)

3 comments:

Chen said...

can use your "overkilled machine" to play games as well, right? ;) But I guess u will choose to zzz if possible rather than spending endless hours playing games :P

c a r c a r said...

hi congrate on getting your new pc! can sense your overwhelming joy over it!

DELL your favorite and prefered brand? hmmmm...

spinosum said...

@carcar: Dell is not my favourite brand. Just that they have a very good aftersales service, which gives me peace of mind. In fact, if I have the $$$, I will go for a Sony VAIO, and also a Fujitsu LOOX handheld! ;)

@a fellow traveler: And u r from Penang? The place i was born! Nice place though, but my hometown house there is pretty packed and old -- Gurdwara Road! ;) But i already moved to KL when i was 3.