Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Art Of Getting Things Done

It's a hot sunny Sunday afternoon, and I decided to stay indoor and read the ebook in the sofa, with a cup of cappuccino next to me. It's about "Getting Things Done-The Art of Stress-Free Productivity " by David Allen. This time, I am not really reading it out myself but have "someone" read it out aloud to me! It's actually I have also the Audiobook version of it, and it is nice to have someone reading it to you, and you browse through the texts in the PDF format! Reminds me of my primary school days, indeed, when my class teacher will read out everything to us, and we just used our right index fingers to point and follow through the texts! ;)

Anyway, it's a good book! I learn about the five-stage method in managing workflow, namely
  1. Collect
  2. Process
  3. Organize
  4. Review
  5. Do

And the utmost important take home message is in fact: Do it, Delegate it, or Defer it!

No comments: