Thursday, April 06, 2006

My Other Canteen


Yeah... SugarBun is my another frequently-visit-outlet for food, my "canteen"! It's nearby, easy finding car park, aircond, nice food... blah blah blah... and on top of these -- FREE WIFI !!! :)

Over here in Sibu, people are not fancy about McDonald's (coz there is only one single outlet to cater for the whole town!), neither are they willing to spend the extra cash for a nicely brewed coffee at CoffeeBean or Starbucks! So SugarBun is the nice "blend" in between. Why do I say that? You must try once to believe what I say (or probably I have slowly detaching myself from the KL lifestyle now?!)

There are a variety of western cum oriental food to choose from. From the Nasi Lemak with Curry Chicken, to Fish & Chips; and from the Sarawakian favourite "Teh Bunga", to the nicely brewed Mocha Latte!! They even have freshly baked orange flavored chiffon cake, and an assortment of cookies (more so over the festive seasons!). Bread loaves (something like the Guardenia we have in KL), "kaya" jam, and even parking coupons... you name it, they have it!!

The service is fast and almost all of the waitresses are friendly. Newspapers are also free for you to read while having your meal! But for me, what makes me even merrier, is the free WiFi service available in all SugarBun outlets here in Sarawak. And because not many people know that they have free WiFi, or perhaps not many people in Sibu enjoy surfing net in the public; so the line is never congested. Most of the time, I am the only one using it, to read blogs using my Axim x50v, while having a hot cup of cafe latte! :) Speed is fast, and connection is seamless with my PDAs (another is the Palm TX, also very smooth and speedy, instantaneous connection!).

Have been my third year here in Sibu, although my parents are giving signal for me to go back to KL soon... I think I will stay a little longer. It's a nice place after all... (no place is perfect anyway!) I hope I can blog more about Sibu in my coming articles, but for now... I am signing off, coz I am going to SugarBun for dinner afterwork! ;)

2 comments:

Daniel Yiek said...

The secret's out! Free Wifi in Sibu Sugar Bun. Very kool! Watch out for ketchup on the keybd! Check out Intel's new Centrino Duo (Duo => 2 processor cores).

spinosum said...

Yah... talk about Centrino Duo, shortly after I ordered my Dell unit, for the same price, I can get the Duo now! :(

U didnt know that SugarBun has WiFi too? ;)