Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Post Call & My Roti Canai

Just slept for 2 hours yesterday, with intermittent "disturbances" (ie. phone calls) from various people (eg. nurses, HO and lab technicians). I consider this a pretty bad call! With 3 more HFMD cases coming in, I was at high alert and low threshold for any necessary intervention, because the epidemic is not over yet! I don't want to create the 10th case for Sarawak, and having it in the newspaper headlines tomorrow!

But now it's slightly more than 7am... Ahhh, I hope everything has cooled down. Can't get back to sleep anyway, might as well blog a little before going for my favourite breakfast in my hospital cafeteria -- the Pak Jab Corner -- selling Roti Canai!! But the roti canai here is not priced under the "controlled items" as in KL. It costs RM1 for a single, flat piece of Roti Kosong! That's "expensive" by its class, compared to its counterpart in KL!! ;) But what to do, I can't be driving out to town at this time, just to grab a meal of Roti Canai, even if it was cheaper! Reason is simple: I am still holding on to this d*mn pager --- Hey, when is my colleague coming to take over this time bomb from me?

3 comments:

Yoke-Yeow Yap said...

Welcome to blogosphere and medical blogroll! We're a happy bunch here, and good to have a techie/PDA junkie on board also.

You in Paeds? Was in Sibu for a couple of years way back.

Hang in there and keep blogging!

spinosum said...

Hi! Yah, I am in Paeds. Sibu is a nice place to work in, but probably not the city lifestyle I used to enjoy in KL! ;)

Robin CHAN said...

HFMD.. OMG..

Sibu is not that bad, at least still have nice Roti..