Thursday, April 06, 2006

2005 X'mas Gift

I was trying to check out the exact drug dosage for one of my patients today, when I decided to pull out the x50v from my pocket. Upon turning it on, it was the iLauncher screen which first popped up. Then suddenly I remembered how this iLauncher came about --- it was my 2005 Christmas gift from SBSH.net and Aximsite, for my winning entry in the contest "Merry Christmas from SBSH" organised by Aximsite.

The rule was simple: just write in an article about how you use the SBSH products, namely Pocket Breeze, iLauncher, etc... in your everyday life. That's it! I didn't expect to win anything, as there were a few hundreds of amusing and excellent articles over that period. But probably my entry was the only one highlighting the use of the PDA by a doctor in daily routine work! Most entries only talked about non-medically related work.

What ever it was, I won! Though it wasn't a very expensive software, which I could have purchased easily myself through Handango or PocketGear; it was the winning part that made me happy! Till now, I am still using the iLauncher. But I am also keeping an eye on the rival software, PocketPlus, and it is also an excellent one and is keeping up fast too! ;)

No comments: