Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Art Of Getting Things Done (Part II)

I was blogging about David Allen's Getting Things Done quite a while ago. And I am still fascinated and addicted to learning more about the tips and tricks to manage my life and time better. Constantly improving myself is something I find worthwhile doing all the time. I come across this website by Sylvia, and she has quite a huge collection of GTD resources.

So now if you have a Palm or Pocket PC, start making the To-Do list/Tasklist into various categories so that they look neater and more organised. Example:

@Agendas-Office: Items to cover with specific people at work.
@Anywhere: Actions that can be done wherever I am.
@Call: Actions requiring a phone.
@Errands: Things to do while out-and-about, such as on the way home from work.
@Home: Actions to be done at home, at places other than my desk.
@Home Desk: Actions that can only be done at my desk at home.
@Office: Actions to be done at the office, at places other than my desk.
@Office Desk: Actions that can only be done at my desk at work.
@Waiting For: Actions other people are doing that I need to keep track of.

Or we can actually categorise them in any other ways which we like or suit us. The sky is the limit to doing this. Try and see, you will be more organised from now on.

No comments: