Sunday, June 18, 2006

4th Dell PC

After blogging about "Dell Boleh" back in May, the nightmare of my Dell PC crashing didn't just end there. For weeks, ever since I purchased my first PC from them, it has always crashed upon me, for whatever reason I never understood. But luckily, Dell has been very patient with me, and for their extremely commendable service provided, I have been getting many replacement units, whether be it parts like speakers, processor chip, memory chips; or even the whole CPU getting replaced for me.

The funny thing is that, ever since I got the PC, it's been like a curse that I shouldn't own one of these superb machine! The PC will crash, and crash and nothing but crash in front of me, even if I havn't installed anything in it yet (so this ruled out any conflict in softwares). The whole PC would just go in a loop of booting-and-rebooting... endless! Occasionally it can go into Windows, but there won't be any sound. Other times, it would say my thumb drive is faulty (but in actual fact, my thumb drive is not at all the problem!).

So finally, the fourth replacement unit arrived at my doorstep yesterday. And of course, it is also an upgrade from previous model -- so imagine I am having an even more overkill machine now -- Intel Core Duo 3.2GHz! And true enough this time, I am the lucky star -- my machine works flawlessly till now (still keeping my fingers crossed!)... and it is so speedy and smooth -- never before I have played with such a perfect system! :)

Dear PC... Please don't let me down anymore, ok?

But anyway, thanks Dell. You're still the best!

2 comments:

kEn said...

Reading all ur experience with DELL makes me go thinking : maybe i should get a PC from DELL too...

But the problem is there is no DELL in ukraine :( and i dont want to carry a pc in my hand luggage

spinosum said...

If there is no Dell in Ukraine, then it is not worth getting one, coz the warranty part will be a problem later on. Probably you can try their range of laptops -- cheaper and higher specs compared to other brands. I have a few friends and colleagues who have Dell laptops, and so far no problem!