Monday, June 18, 2007

Horrifying Truth (Part 3)

I met up with Ismail, and explained the whole thing to him from the beginning till the end; he was speechless initially, but then he delegated this case to the Human Resource section head, ie. Setiausaha Bahagian (SB) to take over this matter, and he did emphasise to the SB that this is of top priority and urgency.

And so I made an appointment the same afternoon itself, skipping my lunch, to meet up with the SB. I was, and in fact I am, very surprised to know that there are still such dedicated and helpful govt officer in the MOH; with smiling face throughout, good patience and knowledgable in her field, and on top of all these -- she had a vast network of contacts which helped me through this shit this time. (I really hope this is herself, and not because I was introduced to her by Ismail...)

She then summoned another officer in charged to bring in my MOH personal file to run through with me the whole scenario. I demanded them to show me the so called "black and white" which MOH received and subsequently cc to the respective depts about my resignation.

To my surprise, the name on the letter of approval of resignation, was NOT my name, although at one glance it actually spelt out like my name!! The IC number was indeed mine and correct though. Date of approval was printed 1/4/05, but then I only did send in my resignation/transfer of service application in mid Feb; with a cancellation letter of my resignation in April. Everything seemed in place, and valid for the resignation (although I doubt MOH and JPA were so efficient in processing my application!)

According to the MOH officer who was summoned in by the SB, that his team had confirmed with JPA and SPA that my name was no longer in their list; and that although there is typo-error in the letter, everyone will follow the IC number instead. Therefore, my resignation is valid.

Stunned I was, and almost accepting the fact and fate that I am no longer in service, and that I have done a full 2 1/2 years of free service for the govt, coz I need to pay back the amount of salary I received over this months! Shocking and depressing it was...

But the SB consoled me that her team could help me out to meet up with MMC personnel to work out something for my 3-year compulsory service. And so an appointment was made to see Dr Mazlan the following day...

To be continued...

1 comment:

LT said...

All I could say is Holy shit! :o
Glad that it has been sorted out.