Sunday, June 17, 2007

Horrifying Truth (Part 1)

And so a little about the background story:

Back in 2005, I was indeed invited by UNIMAS to join their trainee lecturer program, and hence I needed to transfer my service years to MOE; so a letter was sent to MOH but the content included a phrase that I needed to resign with permission (in order to do the transfer of service). That time, I hadn't completed my 3 year compulsory service.

However, later I found out that UNIMAS medical faculty and human resources couldn't come to certain terms and conditions (it's a long story, but probably confidential and not suitable for me to publish here), and so I was so angry at that time I revoked everything, including sending another letter to MOH to cancel my resignation .

That time, the MOH person in charged told me that since my case had not been brought up in the MOH meeting, my resignation was actually not processed. So everything went back to normal. I continued to work in Sibu, and I continued to get my monthly payroll, including my yearly increment. Everything seemed smooth sailing, until...

When my wife started her Master program this June, I asked for a transfer back to Peninsular. And this was when the MOH found out that I had resigned according to their record! :O

But the big question mark is: If I had resigned 2 years ago, then how come I didn't receive any letter to confirm my resignation? Not even my hospital or the state office received any black and white on this. But MOH insisted that they had sent out to all the respective depts, including SPA/JPA!! (When you know SPA is involved, you are in deep shit!)

And so, with that phone call, I was immediately "terminated" from work, and I flew back to KL to start looking for clues to solve this mystery.

To be continued...

No comments: