Sunday, June 17, 2007

Horrifying Truth (Part 2)

I touched down in KL the very same day I was "suspended from duty", and because it was a very last minute purchase of air ticket, it cost me RM299++ for that Air Asia one way ticket! And with a little delay taking off from Sibu, I reached LCCT almost midnight.

The very next day, I was full of hope that I could meet up with someone in the MOH to settle this issue; but as usual, in Malaysia govt dept, it is never easy to meet up with anyone. So one day just passed by like that.... without any advancement.

And because my compulsory years are "incomplete", therefore I don't comply with the Medical Act article 71, and so I cannot practice in this country. Goodness. My mind was just confused and in the dark... helpless. At one point, I thought of flying to Singapore; and at another time, I thought if UK/Ireland/Aussie was a better choice -- just pure torture.

I couldn't even do locum or join private GP practice, just because I am not a doctor at this point of time; I am neither here (MOH) nor there (private world). Depressed I was. Can't imagine my parents spent their whole fortune including EPF money, just to get me a degree in medicine, but now, I am not better than any uni drop-outs! Jobless was the word at that time.

2nd day... 3rd day... nothing.

Then weekends. Yeah... Great!

Ismail Merican was my only hope that time. Because he is not only the DG of health, he is also the MMC president -- who can resolve my 3-year compulsory service issue. I wasn't too sure if he could resolve my reversal of resignation involving SPA and JPA etc.... But at that very moment of time, I told myself to be strong; and that if my resignation couldn't be reversed, I must find a way out in private, either to join GP practice or go Singapore, leaving behind my expecting wife ...*sob*.

With some contacts with the high ranked personnel in the govt body, I managed to bring this issue, finally, up to Ismail Merican. He was very upset with this issue and promised to see me personally to rectify whatever shit that has happened, or rather he wants to know how could this shit happened in the first place!

But luck was not on my side initially. He was then in Boston for a while, and then came back with function in Sunway, and then hundreds and hundreds of meetings/issues etc. to attend to. I don't blame him, as he is afterall a busy man holding this post. And so, I could not get any appointment with him.

After another few days of waiting patiently, jobless staying at home helping out mum with dishes and gardening, I finally found another high ranked insider with contact, and managed to book a 15-minute slot over lunch time to be with Ismail Merican. I thought that was it! But...

To be continued...

No comments: