Saturday, December 09, 2006

My New 6828


Hoo-ray! Just received my long awaited iPaq rw6828, replacing my O2 mini. Since my brother got it at a cheaper price (thanks to HP's CAP pricing), and therefore I only paid RM1888 for this brand new unit. So far tested out for one day, and I must admit that the iPaq is much better than the O2 mini. Whether be it the built, the aesthetic look, the speed, the screen or the weight! Everything iPaq wins hands-down!

I bought a anti-glare screen protector from Brando, and it is really working as advertised! Thanks Brando. And I got myself a 2GB Apacer Mini SD from Lelong, and so far it is fast and stable.

Well, let's have a quick look at the pros and cons of this rw6828.

Pros:
1. Light weight
2. Gorgeous screen!
3. Nice plastic screen cover
4. Classy
5. Speedy
6. Stable
7. No issue on stylus drift
8. ROM upgrade is easy
9. Speakers in front (hence, louder and stereo effect)
10. Good and fast WiFi connection
11. It's an iPaq!

Cons:
1. Plastic-feeling (compared to O2 mini)
2. Camera is awfully slow!
3. Mini-SD slot (why can't they just make a normal SDIo slot?)
4. Slightly thicker compared to O2 mini
5. So-so battery life...
6. Ringtone is soft!
7. Need to remove stylus first, before opening up the plastic screen cover (otherwise it will block the way of the stylus silo)
8. Not fully compatible with my iTech Clip II Mini bluetooth headset --> Correction: Its FULLY compatible with my iTech Clip II Mini!

Well, but overall, if I rated the O2 mini 4 out of 5; this babe I'll give her a 4.9 out of 5! :)
No regret having it!! Love it.

5 comments:

sbanboy said...

wah can your bro get that price for me also ... hehe ... was thinking of getting the hp 6828 .... :D

spinosum said...

His company only allows each employee to purchase one unit per person, therefore, I think he is unable to get it anymore, until the next offer season! But will keep an eye on it, can tell u if the next offer coming up! :)

sbanboy said...

Thanks alot bro .... appreciate it .. the best deal I can find is RM 1970 (with no accessories )and the 2nd hand goes for about 1500 bucks...

I rather buy a new unit. Now the one million dollar question is should I jump boat from Palm Os to Windows Mobile.

Do give a review of the HP 6828 and can I get the softwares from you if I do get the HP 6828 ... hehe :D

Ok you know how to reach me .... do email me your email address and IM ids ... cya and thanks

spinosum said...

Frankly, I used to be a palm user, and that both the Palm and PPC have their strength and weaknesses. I wont say which is better, but I go for the ones more popular currently -- ie. better and easier support and after sales service (theoretically!).

Used to be Palm has more medical related softwares, but it is no longer true nowadays. PPC is as good, if not better! Will tell u in the email more about it though! ;)

OK then, better think properly before u join the "dark side"!! Haha, as there is no return!

sbanboy said...

Did u send me the email ?