Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Are PDAs Overpriced?

I was reading the blog by Dr Chan ("Doc") about PDAs being overpriced nowadays, and that the question is "Is the PDA more useful than a laptop?"

I still think that as a doctor working in a hospital, PDA is still one thing which is indispensible. Can't live without, in other words. For me, at least, a laptop is not quite that essential, becoz whatever I need to do at home, I will use the PC desktop, then save the whatever files in my handy drive (mostly only Word doc, Powerpoint kinda files) to be used in hospital the next day.

As for a PDA-phone, I know it's expensive, so for those of us who can't afford one, I would recommend to get a basic handphone -- just for phone feature; and then to get a cheaper PDA (probably without WiFi) like Zire 72 or a second hand palm TX for its full PDA functions.

PDAs are very essential nowadays. There are so many things we can do with it. It used to be just a PIM diary; but now, it has grown to be a laptop replacement. With a wireless keyboard attached to it, like the ThinkOutside Bluetooth KB I have, my new PDA phone (the rw6828) has largely become my mini-laptop!

1 comment:

sbanboy said...

Well you can get a new Treo for RM 1499 and a second hand one for about RM 900.

I think the dopods and atoms are overpriced. The hp ones not too bad.... :D