Monday, November 05, 2007

A Sad Day For My Department



It's indeed a very sad day for my department yesterday. Our most beloved Head of Department, Dato Dr Lim NL, passed away peacefully, after months of sufferings and putting up a great fight with her cancer.

We were all at her funeral service last night, and the weather was as gloomy as our emotions and feelings. It was as though heaven was weeping for the loss of a great doctor too. Although I have just joined the department not long ago, and merely had a few occasions only to meet up and talk to Dato Lim, my very initial and lasting impression of her is that Dato is a very nice and sensible doctor, as well as a HOD. When I first joined the department, I had trouble adjusting myself into the new working environment; and through emails, Dato has given me encouragement and pieces of advice to make me feel at home when I am in this new place of work.

I hear many nice stories about her from my colleagues who have been with her longer. After I met up with Dato, I strongly believe what they said are true. Not an exaggeration.

And now Dato Lim is free from all sufferings, and may she rest in peace.

No comments: