Friday, February 09, 2007

Doctor Next Door


My next door new neighbours just moved in about 1 month ago, and they are actually a few bachelors working as timber camp supervisors (that's why the company pays them to stay in a double storey house!).

Few days ago, I got a ring at the doorbell, and to my surprise, one of them approached me and asked for my help to look at his colleague's body rash. He was standing behind the fence dividing our houses, and there I could take a clear look at the rash, and also to ask a few questions to elicit the clinical history. Then I gave him reassurance that he was just having a heat rash, and nothing more.

Before I left, I was curious and asked them how come they knew I was a doctor. And the answer was really out of my expectation -- one of them told me that when the house agent approached them to introduce this house, she told them that it was a good choice to take up this house, because their neighbour is a doctor, and if they have problem, or emergency, they can get help fast!!

WTF... how could the housing agent gain the business, at my expense! I wonder whether she told them also that opposite my house stays a high rank police officer, and that if they get caught for something, they can ask him to help bail them out?!

Terrible!

3 comments:

smathi said...

Great to hear from you! I've started work about a week ago. Quite busy, but probably never as busy as you.
Smathi

LT said...

Ah.. Y not called the agent up n ask her to give ur kiddo a BIG angpow coz u r part of the reason she closed the deal. :)

Happy CNY!

spinosum said...

@lawrence: yeah! thats a good suggestion, but then again i am just hoping my neighbours wont ring my doorbell after midnight, coz i am NOT on call! ;)

Happy CNY too!