Monday, April 02, 2007

Snack Attack!


I just came back from KL after a 3-day break. It was rather refreshing, and of coz it was a home sweet home experience.

Took AirAsia on the return flight, and despite some 20-minute delay, everything was rather tolerable. My wife and I didn't take any meal at the LCCT, becoz we arrived almost around the boarding time, so we feared that we didn't have enough time for a meal at the fully packed McDonald's.

We decided to go for the inflight meal, Snack Attack, instead (which is the usual way we fill our tummies during the 2 hour journey!) However, this time, we did a big mistake for not eating something before boarding the flight.

As the stewardess approached us and asked in the usual friendly manner,"Sir, what would u like to have?" And I replied,"Nasi lemak for me, and a fried mee hoon for my wife." But to my horror, she explained,"I'm sorry but there is nothing left, except for biscuits and Mamee vegetarian noodle!"

Gosh! Instant noodle left?! And yet the in flight stewardess just announced earlier that "AirAsia practises no outside food"... they don't prepare enough food for the passengers, and yet prohibit us from taking outside food on board?! WTF?

As I was still hesitating for a few seconds, the stewardess made a funny face, and whispered to me,"It's the last cup of instant noodle, do u still want it?" And right away, with my tummy growling, I responded,"OK! I TAKE IT!" (kiasu!)

And true enough, that was the last cup of noodle. The few passengers after me, were left with only biscuits and cup cakes. No more hot meal available! I could imagine how they salivate looking at me and my wife sharing that hot and nice noodle! ;)

So, the RM5 instant noodle had instantly become the most sought after food on board! What an irony... I still have those similar cup noodle at home, which most of them already approaching expiry date, and yet I have not even touched them! :)

No comments: