Wednesday, April 02, 2008

3G Internet Surfing



Received my Huawei E220 HSDPA modem today, and tried out immediately. The set up was really hassle-free. And since I only subscribed to 3G speed, for RM68 per month - this is the speed I get after testing it with Speedtest.net.

Overall I feel the speed is just tolerable for normal net surfing, like checking some emails, updating blog and do some internet banking. I am amazed that using GTalk with this speed is also very acceptable in terms of its quality and smoothness of conversation! However, if you are a YouTube addict, you will definitely be a little disappointed with the speed - furthermore if you have always been pampered by the Streamyx 1Mbps or higher speed! ;)

It will be very useful for me to carry along my Dell XPS laptop, to places without any WiFi; and also if my wife needs to use it for assignment in university/library, this combination of a 13-inch lappy and a 3G connection will prove very useful indeed!

No comments: