Friday, January 26, 2007

Gamat?


I came across a patient of mine -- a 12 year old girl with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia -- who is undergoing chemotherapy at the moment, drinking something from a cup; out of curiosity, I asked her what she was taking, and to my surprise, she showed me this shampoo-like bottle containing 350ml of a liquid named Gamat Emulsion! I have never heard or seen this health product before, and quickly I did a search using Google, and the first result in the search page showed Gamat products by Healwell Pharmaceuticals (M).

Dose/Direction
1 or 2 tablespoon, twice a day. For children below 12 years old, 1 or 2 teaspoon, twice a day.
Advisable to take before meal.

Advantage
A unique health supplement naturally rich in protein, mineral, omega-3, mucopolysaccharide and vitamin which proven to stimulate cell regeneration, enhance body well-being and accelerate external and internal wound healing.
Helps in body refreshing, wound healing, regain healthy muscle, bone, nerves and skin.
Restore energy, boost immunity and reduce cholesterol level.

Cost
West Malaysia : RM59.00
East Malaysia : RM66.10


I initially thought of stopping her from taking it; but later I tried to put myself in her position, and I thought I might have done the same too in desperation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Was it approved by the MOH? I'm sure there are lots of "supplements" that are being sold without MOH approval. It's a deperate attempt but the people should be protected from quacks too.

Anonymous said...

anything wrong with this gamat?